Thursday, August 2, 2012
http://www.craftpassion.com/2012/04/how-to-sew-sock-monkey.html/2 , that had instructions on making these adorable sock monkeys. My kids loved them and each had to have one of their own. They are very fun and easy to make.
A few suggestions that I would make are:
1. Use a stretch stitch when using your sewing machine. You will have a lot less chance of a young child breaking the stitch if it is a stretch stitch.
2. Use an upholstery (curved) needle when sewing on the mouth. I believe it will be easier. I am going to try it out next week and see.
3. It takes about 4 oz of fiberfill for one adult monkey.
4. I used adult knee length socks and I thought they turned out way cute.
5. Read the instructions. I started without reading thoroughly and it cost me some time.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I did.