Thursday, August 2, 2012

Sock Monkeys


I found a great website, http://www.craftpassion.com/2012/04/how-to-sew-sock-monkey.html/2 , that had instructions on making these adorable sock monkeys.  My kids loved them and each had to have one of their own.  They are very fun and easy to make.

A few suggestions that I would make are:

1.  Use a stretch stitch when using your sewing machine.  You will have a lot less chance of a young child breaking the stitch if it is a stretch stitch.

2.  Use an upholstery (curved) needle when sewing on the mouth.  I believe it will be easier.  I am going to try it out next week and see.

3.  It takes about 4 oz of fiberfill for one adult monkey.

4.  I used adult knee length socks and I thought they turned out way cute.

5.  Read the instructions.  I started without reading thoroughly and it cost me some time.

I hope you enjoy these as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment