Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cake Decorating Class--The Cupcake Cake



I signed up for the Wilton Basic Cake Decorating class and this was the first cake we made.  I have a long way to go, but hopefully I get there by the end.  But as my teacher said, when your cake is the only cake in the room, it is the best cake in the room.  :) 

I am taking this with my friend Tanya.  I thought this would be the perfect birthday gift, and I didn't realize how much out of class time and work was involved.  Oops.  Maybe not the best gift, but we are having fun.

2 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to take those classes forever. Someday! I love looking at the nifty stuff on your blog, Amber. I would love to get the pattern for those adorable ties you sent so I can make my younger boys matching Christmas ones.
    Take care,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Amber! It fit perfectly on the 6 inch cake.

    ReplyDelete